- This Privacy Notice is address to:
- Applicants applying and offering their services as a remote contractor, whether they apply directly to the company or through a third party or through a web-based search platform for the position of a remote contractor.
- For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, “our”, “we”, or “us” refers to Remote Staff, Inc.
- This Privacy Notice describes the context in which we process your personal data and it explains your rights and obligations.
What information do we have about you?
- We obtain your personal information either directly from the remote contractor or from a third party who may have assisted you in applying or web-based search platform that you may have used to apply for and offer your services as a remote contractor.
- We may collect various types of personal data about you, including:
- Biographical information such as but not limited to, full name, gender, date of birth, nationality;
- Contact information such as but not limited to telephone number, mobile number, email address, address, and details of your emergency contact;
- Identification numbers such as but not limited to Tax Identification Number, SSS Number, PhilHealth Number, and HDMF Number;
- Medical history or summary, insofar as it is necessary to determine if the applicant is fit to work, or as proof of recent sickness and medications being taken.
- Educational background, including a copy of your Transcript of Records
- Using software to monitor contract onboarding, contract implementation, and contract termination on company-owned equipment, devices, computers, network, applications, software, and similar assets and resources;
- Information required for us to comply with laws, the requests and directions of law enforcement authorities or court orders;
- Acknowledgements regarding our policies, including data privacy policies, ethics and/or conflicts of interest policies, and computer and other corporate resource usage policies;
- Information captured on security systems, CCTVs, logbooks, and key card entry systems;
- Voicemails, e-mails, correspondence, documents, and other work product and communications created, stored or transmitted for professional or job related purposes using our networks, applications, devices, computers, or communications equipment;
- Work related information (e.g., work order number, identification number, start date and end date, status of any required training, billing rate and amount);
- Details of your previous employment, including but not limited to length of stay in each company you previously worked for, seminars or trainings attended, type or nature of work you performed in your previous work, positions previously held, date of resignation, reason for resignation;
- Your electronic identification data in Company-issued accounts or systems (e.g., login, passwords, badge number and photograph, IP address, online identifiers/cookies, logs, access and connection times); and
- If officially engaged, bank account details, such as bank account number, necessary for us to provide you with your salary or other work-related monetary benefits;
- Information gathered from interviews, your resume or CV and any attachments thereto, references, and interview notes.
For which purposes do we use your personal data and why is this justified?
- Legal basis for the processing:
We will not process your personal data without a proper legal basis or lawful purpose. Therefore, we will only process your personal data if:
- The processing is necessary during the hiring process to determine your eligibility and qualifications for an employment
- The processing is necessary upon employment in order to provide you the benefits you are entitled to It is necessary to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations (e.g., providing you of work benefits as required by law, such as maternity or parental leaves)
- It is necessary for our legitimate interests and does not unduly affect your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Please note that, when processing your personal data on this basis, we always seek to maintain a balance between our legitimate interests and your privacy. Examples of ‘legitimate interests’ are data processing activities performed:
- To effectively manage our business and develop plans in improving the services we offer;
- To effectively communicate with the applicants and manage the application process;
- To prevent fraud or criminal activity, misuse of our products or services, and to protect the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks;
- To meet our corporate and social responsibility objectives;
- We have obtained your prior consent; and/or
- We are otherwise permitted or required by law to do so.
- Purpose of the processing:
We always process your personal data for a specific purpose and only process the personal data which is relevant to achieve that purpose. In particular, we process your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
- Legal basis for the processing:
- To determine, based on the interview and documents submitted by the applicant, if he or she is qualified or eligible for the position he or she is applying to;
- To be able to contact the applicant if needed;
- Appropriate vetting for recruitment and team allocation including, where relevant and appropriate, credit checks, right to work verification, identity fraud checks, relevant employment history, relevant regulatory status and professional qualifications;
- To manage the employment related benefits, including administering remuneration, payroll, pensions, and other employment related benefits if officially engaged;
- To properly remit contributions to social welfare agencies such as the Social Security System (SSS), Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PHIC), Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF), if officially engaged;
- Recruitment, training, development, promotion, career, and succession planning, if officially engaged;
- To conduct performance reviews and determine performance requirements;
- Allocating and managing duties and responsibilities and the business activities, if officially engaged;
- For an effective communication within us;
- To manage grievances and other complaints filed by the applicants;
- Processing information about absence or medical information regarding physical or mental health or condition;
- To determine management decisions, including restructuring, redundancies, mergers, acquisitions, consultations for programs to ensure equality of opportunities and diversity in the Company;
- Operating email, IT, Internet, intranet, social media, HR related and other company policies and procedures;
- Complying with applicable laws and regulation
Who has access to your personal data and to whom are they transferred?
- We will never sell your personal data.
- Your personal data will only be processed by any of the following authorized people:
- Personnel of the Company (e.g., HR Department)
- Technology systems providers, including cloud and database providers, and related consultants;
Such recipients are obligated to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal data.
- In certain limited circumstances, your personal data may be accessed by or transferred to law enforcement, regulatory bodies, or judicial authorities. This will occur only when legally required.
How do we protect your personal data?
- We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to provide a level of security and confidentiality to your personal data. Only authorized personnel have access to your personal data.
- While we take reasonable care to implement such measures, the Internet is inherently unsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data when transmitted over the internet, email, or on our websites.
How long do we store your personal data?
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements, we may retain the Personal Data during the period of application and for at least one (1) year counted from the date of application, which period may be extended for at least another one (1) year if we believe it is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the personal data was collected taking into consideration relevant prescriptive periods under the law (including, for the purpose of meeting any legal, accounting or other reporting requirements or obligations).
What are your rights?
Your rights as a data subject is governed under the Data Privacy Act and can be found here: www.privacy.gov.ph
Who can I contact if I have any questions or concerns?
As a data subject, you may request to view the personal data collected by us, provided that such viewing be done during reasonable hours and for valid reasons.
When requesting access to your personal data, please note that we may request specific information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal data that we hold about you.
You may inquire or request for information regarding any matter relating to the processing of your personal data under our custody, including the data privacy and security policies implemented to ensure the protection of your personal data. You may write to us and briefly discuss the inquiry, together with their contact details for reference.
Name of Data Protection Officer: Rob Lorica
Access, Other Requests, and Questions: Support@remotestaff.com
Complaints / Security Incidents: Support@remotestaff.com
How will you be informed of the changes to our Privacy Notice?
You will be informed of any changes or additions to the processing of your personal data through updates to this Privacy Notice available on our website. To assist you, this Privacy Notice has an effective date as shown at the beginning of the document.